Thursday, March 20, 2008

Today I enjoyed an easter egg hunt and a celebratory dance party in honor of the risen Jesus. :) On Thursday's we meet in small groups, but today all of the female small groups joined together in the church. One of the mentors taught about the resurrection in Jesus, bringing up that during Easter we so often focus on His death-- but He's alive! We served each other communion and celebrated His resurrection.

The Body of Christ is so powerful. And so messy. But how it ministered to my heart to have a sister look at me with sparkly eyes and offer me a representation of Jesus. This morning I was reading in John 17, where Jesus prays for His disciples and then for all believers. Out of all that He could pray for, He prayed again and again that "they may be one as We are one" -- that Jesus would dwell in us as the Father dwells in Him. Oh that the Body would be joined together under the Head of Jesus Christ!

On another note, it's been really cool to be apart of the Admissions department here at BCOM. We're hosting a campus visit weekend next week of which I've been a part of putting together. We've been improving the aesthetics of the campus in preparation for that, so I've also been able to offer creativity and help in that process- it's been fun! I look forward to posting pictures soon. We've had tripple the applications for this next August as we've ever had, so it's really exciting to see this school grow! I'm SO thankful and delighted to be here and apart of what God is doing!

No comments: