Monday, September 14, 2009

Traveling the Land... Almost over


What a wonderful two weeks of vacation I had with my parents and Jeff and his mom!


It was so refreshing and delightful to get some quality time with my parents and we enjoyed traveling throughout Vienna, Austria, France and Prague, Czech Republic. If you'd like to check out an album of pictures of our journey, go here.

We got to meet up with a past foreign exchange student, Emmanuelle and stay with her parents in a quaint town North of Paris. We got a true taste of French life, especially as Emmanuelle's mom was the president of tourism in the area!
Did you know that there is a piece of American land in France? I didn't! There's a monument remembering the American troops who came to help out France. Jeff and I were happy to be "home," if only for a moment. :)

I'm so thankful for the time to catch up with my parents. I was quite sad to see them go, though. It was a great break, though my feet are sure tired from all the walking!

Today is the first day of our 3rd term! Time has flown by, especially with such a busy summer. We were supposed to have a week of class, however our teacher had a bike accident so is in the hospital. So I'll be spending some time at Mercy House of Prayer this week and gearing up for our team retreat in Croatia. The Director of Global Internship and his wife will be flying out to debrief our first half of internship with us.

Then... we're going back to Hungary for a weekend! The pastor from the first camp we went to requested us back for a weekend camp. What an awesome opportunity! So right after Croatia, Jake, Lindy, Jeff and I will drive over to help out with that. Then, Lord willing, we'll be in Austria! I'm looking forward to classes, time at MHOP, teaching English for some kids in Stockerau and helping out with the youth group at my local church... and many more God- appointments.

*love!

No comments: