Friday, March 12, 2010

Time is Ticking Away

Wow, 6 weeks from today I'll be flying home!

Time seems to be flying by, and yet going so slow.

I've been feeling torn between desiring to stay here yet ready to come home and enter this next season of life. I've made such good relationships here and I'd like to continue them, plus, I really love Austria! Now that I understand the culture better (that stranger's coldness doesn't mean they aren't nice) and feel more connected, in a lot of ways it's a great place to live! Fresh fruit produce and amazing hearty bread... quaint and sylish cafe's everywhere and lots of holidays... beautiful surroundings and amazing gardens and architecture... the rest of Europe is at your fingertips to travel. Yet, the interesting circumstances of me being here continue to be uncomfortable, although better than in the beginning. :)

Being in a country where I understand everything that's going on sounds really nice! But I have come to really love German- it just takes extra effort.

Please pray for the endurance and patient endurance of Christ for the remaining time here. I've been feeling a deep weariness that I can't put my finger on, but please pray that God brings rest to it and teaches me to be content in every circumstance. Pray also for me and my team as we feel the sadness of such a short time left, yet also gladness to return home to friends and family. God still has a lot in store for us yet!

No comments: