Tuesday, October 13, 2009

God is as faithful as the Seasons are to change!


Herbst ist heir (Fall is here)!

It's getting quite chilly, but I'm enjoying the turning leaves and the fall festivities of Austria! It's harvest season so there's much talk of grape picking and all the restaurants are filled with "Sturm"- half-fermented grape juice and "Kurbis-suppe" (pumpkin soup). My favorite sight so far was when I passed a big group of people outside, sitting at a big table placed right by their field, enjoying good food and Sturm in the early evening.

Another favorite time last week was "Lange Nacht Der Museen"- the Long Night of the Museum. All the museum's in Austria were open until 1 am and you could visit as many as you wanted with the purchase of only one ticket! Me and a few teammates had a great time.

The armor display was my personal favorite. :)


God has been so good! This has also been a great time of connecting with more Austrians and God has provided for new friends! Below is a picture of some of them. I have been hanging out with my friend Lia (on the far left) often at our favorite cafe in Stockerau. It's so great because she speaks excellent English and is a believer, so we're able to relate in a really meaningful way. It's also great because she always asks how my German is going then we speak in German for quite a while and she helps me with different questions I have or with pronunciation. She is so patient!

The girl on my right is name Corrina, and I have become friends with her and her family through the Stockerau church. I went to their house for lunch after church and it was awesome getting to practice German and also be able to answer their questions about what I'm passionate about and how I'm interested in being involved in their church. They hooked me up with some graphics projects to start working on and said they'd be thinking how else I can help. They also invited Jeff and I to join their family skiing after Christmas!

Another fun thing for me is pilates! Last night quite a few teammates joined me and we had a great time!
I think the boys especially had fun. :)




No comments: