Thursday, September 27, 2007

Wednesday morning, 6:30 A.M. my roommate's alarm clock went off.

I'd been up late talking to my mentor but felt prompted to go spend some time with the Lord. Then our door opens and I distantly hear "Kensy, Kensy, you come exercise?" Susanna! I stumbled out of bed and a few minutes later we ventured out into the dim outdoors, greeted by a rush of cool, fresh fall air. My eyes were still struggling to open, but I eagerly took in the beautiful full moon making it's way west and the first gleams of dawn. Radiantly turning leaves lined the pathway and a soft mist covered the green grass as we ran on. Susanna bursted out with the most delightful laughter as her young heart reveled in the morning, silky black hair dancing back and forth to her pace. "Goodmorning Jesus!"

I have enjoyed this sister SO much! We've started a tradition of running and communing with the Lord as we exercise. I love to hear Susanna pray and it is so good to give the Lord the day and to offer up all my needs, desires, worries, concerns, and PRAISES! My heart is continually filled with gratefulness as God provides for ALL my needs and continues to answer prayers, some that I recall offering as far back as 10 years old. His ways are perfect.

This morning we had our "Power of the Cross" class taught by an incredible local pastor. Today it was about Lordship and we had the opportunity to go before the Lord and repent and ask for His Lordship in the many detailed areas of our lives. I love how God ties things together in our lives! I had a conversation at dinner yesterday about this very topic and then last night my mentor and I went through some "surrender" issues. God is so good to prepare us and to bring consistency in our lives. He brings things up in His perfect timing and provides for all that is necessary to bring the hurts, fears, and desires into His restoration and sanctification. He is so good!

After the class we went back to our dorms for our "cell groups." These consist of about 8 students and 1 mentor and 1 advisor who all live on the same side of the hall. Every Wednesday we come together and do different things. I look forward to posting some pictures of my group and I'm sure I will be sharing more about them- what an incredible group of women! Today we had an incredible time of being vulnerable with one another, praying and encouraging each other. I have experienced this before, but not at this level! My heart is so full of thankfullness because of the trust, safety, love, and focus on Jesus in this group. Today we TRULY experienced the power of confession, repentance, healing, love, and accountability! What a powerful thing the body of Christ can be!!!

This weekend all the students at Bethany will be participating in the One Thing conference here in Minneapolis. We'd appreciate your prayers for unity and that we would each encounter our Living God and truly be a people of ONE THING!

I pray you all are doing well! Grace and peace to you in abundance today and thank you for all of your love and prayers.

--McKenzie :)

No comments: