Saturday, January 2, 2010

Frohes Neues Jahr!

Happy New Year everyone! I sure had an interesting New Year's Eve- our team and some friends all went to the 1st district in Vienna to experience "Silvester in Wien" (New Year's Eve in Vienna). It's quite a popular destination for tourists (especially Italians!) so the streets were flooded with people, enjoying the fireworks, live music and food/drink stands.

Stephansplatz (the place where the main cathedral in Vienna is at the heart of the city) was like a war zone of fireworks! We were amazed how freely people were able to set off fireworks in the middle of downtown, among such historical buildings and so many people!

Other than celebrating with friends, this has been a good time for me of digging into knowing God. "The marathon pace" has really been on my heart-- not setting huge spiritual goals only to fall short, but rather with consistency, faithfulness and at a medium-pace seek the Lord in an intentional way. My biggest desire is to KNOW GOD! Not just knowledge about God, but to truly know Him.
The more we seek Him the more we find Him, and the more we find Him the more we love Him.

I want God's values to be my values, God's emotions my emotions, God's ways my ways. His Kingdom is all that will remain in the end. I want my life to be ruled by Jesus now! I've realized this takes a lifetime, being conformed into the image of Christ, but I truly believe this lifestyle is a lifetime well spent.

It's been cool getting vision and motivation from God, through prayer, for these next 4 months in Austria. I have a growing passion to invest in intercession at Mercy House of Prayer and to serve the leadership there as much as I can. I'm also looking forward to tutoring 3 missionary kids in English once a week and continuing with the girl's small group and youth group.

"I launch my bark on the unknown waters of this year,
with Thee, O Father, as my harbour,
Thee, O Son, at my helm,
Thee, O Holy Spirit, filling my sails."

Please pray that I would have a tender heart to the Lord, responding to His direction, filled with His Spirit that He might reveal His love, joy, peace and righteousness to all I encounter.

Blessings on your new year!



No comments: