Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tuesdays

We've had SUNSHINE recently! That's a delight after so much gray. This is actually a mosaic on the side of a house in Stockerau that I pass often on walks. I like it. :)

Life has more of a semblance of routine than it's ever had during this time in Austria. It's kind of nice. One of my favorite days now are Tuesdays, because I get to teach English and be around some great kids!

This is Silas and Eliah, two sons of a Swiss missionary family that are a part of OM. On Tuesdays I tutor them in English along with their sister. They're a lot of fun. :)

Yep, no one can resist this smile, especially in a cute bear costume! He was dressed up for faschingsdienstag, basically Austria's version of Mardi Gras.

On Tuesday mornings I get to go to the local kindergarten and assist an English teacher for an hour. It's so fun! There are 10 adorable kids and I've found I really enjoy teaching. I'm thankful for that opportunity.

These are the Keller girls, 3 lovely sisters from another Swiss family involved with OM here in Austria. I attend the same church as them and also enjoy helping out at their youth group on Wednesday nights. They're such special girls with beautiful heart's for Jesus. It's been cool to pray for them and encourage them, as Christian friends are a rare commodity.

It's crazy to think I only have 2 months left here! It's felt like such a very long time. Lately it's felt hard, being here. But I know God's plans are good and He has more grace to give along with the challenges. Please pray that He directs my heart into His love and encourages my spirit. I've had a lot of trouble sleeping lately and just resting in general, so please pray that God refreshes me and my team and gives us good rest.

Love to all!

1 comment:

Lindy said...

oiiiiii! those dimples! they get me every time! love the pics, the people, and the writer :)