Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ich bin mude!

Hallo!

Day 3 of "Deutsch Academie." My head's swimming a bit but I'm getting the hang of it! I have class from 12-3 (so that's 4-7 AM CTS!) and by the time hour 3 hits it gets pretty intense. For those of you early birds, I'd appreciate your prayers for that time! There are 10 people in the class: 4 from Turkey, 1 from Thailand, 1 from Singapore, 1 from Romania and then two of my teammates and myself. It's really cool! I'm enjoying getting to know my classmates and also my teacher. She's great!

Other than school, I've been trying to adjust to a new routine. Something that a teammate of mine shared with the team as we met last night was that he really sensed that God was saying for us to "stop resisting grace" and "let go of your understanding of how things should work." I feel very aware that God is so much bigger than the plans, agenda and expectations I have. I'm wrestling and struggle to find the ryhthm of how to live my life. There's still so much that I don't know, but the one thing that I know for sure is that I want to be about the One Thing: loving God with my all. It seems like things get harder and messier before they get better, but I won't be disuaded! Please pray for the leading of the Spirit and that I would be filled with the knowledge of God. I want to know Him and His ways and give Him what He desires the most: my love.

Until next time... Auf weidersehen (goodbye and take care!) :)

1 comment:

Dianne said...

McKenzie,
I think I just opened an account so I could comment on your blog. I hope it turns out ok. Anyway, I always enjoy checking out your blog to see what you are doing now. You look well. It seems like you are getting into a little routine with your German class. It will be fun to hear you speak it when you return. Our Bible study class has been praying for you. I take little tidbits from your blog to let them know what to pray about. It has been almost a month that you have been there. Seems short and long at the same time probably.
Keep up the posts. It is interesting to see a different culture. With love and prayers, Mrs. Martin