Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Orientation of my new nation!

Greetings from Vienna!

Click here to check out a video of my new apartment! I'm loving it! It's awesome to be in a community again. My team and I have been diving into orientation, covering a plethora of all the things that pertain to life here in Austria! On Monday, we explored downtown Vienna and invaded a cell phone shop to pick out our new "handy's" (what they call phones here). I've also discovered that the Viennese have laws about separating garbage and that on Saturday's after 12:15 PM until Monday morning, you can't mow your lawn or you get fined! All the shops are closed on Sundays too- these Austrians take resting and relaxing seriously! I love it!

I'm pretty tired but am adjusting to the new time zone and am sleeping great! I really love my team and the leadership who is here.

Team Austria with leaders, Robert and Ulla Suhonnen!

We're going to be able to be working closely with the Operation Mobilization team who is already here (there are five families). Today we got to hear the vision of what they're all about and the opportunities we will have to join in and even expand their outreach. I can't tell you how ecstatic I am to be here and to be apart of this ministry! This is what I've wanted to do my whole life and I'm so happy to be here!

1 comment:

joel gutowsky said...

good to know you made it safe. looking forward to reading more about what god does in austria!