Monday, January 5, 2009

:::One Thing:::

This past weekend I attended a four-day conference called One Thing in Kansas City. It was put on by the International House of Prayer and over 16,000 people attended! It was a deeply impacing conference that was focused on growing in intimacy and love for Jesus (the One Thing needed!) and growing in understanding of the Revelation of Jesus in the End Times.


I attended the conference with Ruth (a friend of my sister's), Chelsey (my sister :), my boyfriend Jeff (first time seeing him in 7 weeks! It was a happy day :), and my friend Megan. We had a great time participating in the event and discussing and praying together!

One of my favorite things about the conference was that it was incredibly diverse, and as a part of some of the sessions, the speaker took time to highlight different nationalities and nations and their parts in the Kingdom of God. Above is a picture of a Jewish rabbi praying in Hebrew for an Egyptian Arab! On the stage at one time there were Chinese, Arab, Jewish and Caucasian men and they all embraced and prayed for one another! It was deeply impacting to see the peace of Christ that surpasses all animosity.

Jeff and I also got to promote our college (Bethany College of Missions) together! It was fun to share with others and also see old friends and teachers from our past year at BCOM!

I was deeply impressed at the conference first of all with the love of God and in growing in loving Him with my all! Secondly I grew in sobriety and in urgency to be intentional about preparing for the coming of Jesus like 2 Peter speaks to us about. I want to be a person who speeds His coming and who is not offended by Him when He comes. My prayer for this year is to see everything in my life come into complete allegiance and agreement to Jesus! I've also begun the journey of seeking to understand the book of Revelation because God has revealed to us there what He is doing and what our part is. I'm excited to share more about what I learn as I grow in understanding this year! I'd really encourage you to seek the Lord on this topic as well.

Praise God for His zealous love for us and for the way He is preparing His Bride! May He give you power today to grasp the massive dimensions of His love.

No comments: