Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow, Visas and Challenges

Snow today! Beautiful.

Still getting into the swing of things here... I'm feeling very adult-ish- budgeting, shopping and cooking, buying spices and trash bags, decorating our apartment, riding public transportation by myself. This is the most freedom I've ever had but also the most responsibility. I'm thankful for the previous years of training because though I still have more to learn, I feel equipped to be a good steward in these things! That's exciting. It is a bit overwhelming at times but I think soon things will become normal. :)

Today we are working on getting our visas so that we can stay in Austria! Please be in prayer about this as there are not many spots left to receive visas and nothing is guaranteed. We are just doing our best to meet all of the stipulations and through prayer, leave the rest up to God! We just found out this week that we must have Austrian health insurance in order to be considered for the visa, so we had to purchase additional insurance today for about $50 US dollars a month. This was not in our budget so I'd welcome you to join me in seeking God's provision for this. If you are interested in sponsoring this need, please contact me at mckenzie.conn@bcom.org.

Also, since being here my laptop has not been working. :( I had some problems with it before I left and thought they were all fixed, but it's now returning to its old ways and refuses to turn on. There's an IT guy who works for Operation Mobilization who will probably be able to take a look at it at the end of the week, so please pray that its able to get fixed! I'm thankful for teammates who have been willing to share theirs with me. :)

Tonight the team is diving into studying the book of Galatians! This is one of our classes for internship and I'm really excited to get into the Word with my team. We are all really enjoying one another and team life is going well! Currently all of us girls are making couch and chair covers and other aesthetic endeavors to make our apartment feel like home! It's quite exciting really. :) Stay tuned for pictures of the finished product! 

1 comment:

Milta Dudek said...

McKenzie,
What a joy it is to read your blog! I am excited about what you are learning, the opportunities that you have for work, and am glad to know your plans for travel and a visa. It is special that your parents plan a visit to Europe and will celebration with you.

Blessings, Milta