Friday, January 30, 2009

The process of acclimating to the other side of the world :)

hello hello hello!

This has been a week of further adjusting and settling in! We've had further orientation then yesterday we got plugged into some different areas of ministry. I got to work alongside of Ulla and Hanna, who are two women missionaries on the OM (Operation Mobiliazation) team here in Austria. OM has a aid program that sends supplies and relief items to people in needy nations, especially in the eastern European nations. So yesterday I got to sort through and pack these items and get them ready to be sent out to the needy! It was exciting to be apart of helping meet tangible needs and living out what Jesus has commanded us to do! I really, really, really admire and enjoy these women from OM! They are incredible wives, mothers, Jesus-lovers and missionaries- I am pretty much ecstatic that I get to be on a team with them and learn from them over these next 16 months!

Today my teammate Jadah and I got to finish up sewing our living room furnishings. I made curtains from scratch! It was quite exciting, though tedious. I was grateful for my grandma Davis and the things she taught me about sewing; even though that was way back in 5th grade, I still remember them!

We have another week of getting acclimated and ironing out other details of our everyday lives, as well as serving alongside of OM in different ministry opportunities, then on Feb 9th we'll dive into language school! That's what we're going to focus on and hit hard for the next 3 months. I'm really looking forward to jumping in and also meeting new people in my class. The girls and I have been working hard to make our flat a nice place to be so we can invite new friends over!

No comments: