Monday, April 20, 2009

Connecting

Today was so great!
God has been really faithful to connect me and I'm experiencing Him leading me into the ministry and relationships He has for me here. It's really exciting! I feel like my gears are synchronizing with the "machine" of the Body of Christ and Kingdom of God. It feels good. :)
After language school Jeff and I checked out some city bikes (their free for the first hour!) and rode around Vienna. We found ourselves in Stadt park and had a good time talking there. It's so great to be outside!





Then I met up with a friend at Starbucks I met at the retreat we went on in March with the college students from a church in Vienna. Her name is Z and she's from South Africa and is so full of life! She's here with two other missionaries planting a church, so it was so great to share stories and connect about what God is showing us about Austria and what He wants to do here. I'm really excited to be her friend!


After a great time with Z, I took the trains to go to a prayer meeting for Herzwerk, a Christian organization here that ministers to prostitutes. God's really been stirring in my heart about this ministry. This problem is so rampant, so full of darkness, brokenness and bondage. This ministry is such an incredible opportunity to build relationships with the women enslaved in this work and share with them about Jesus. Please be praying for God's continued direction and clarity for me, as I'm continuing to get more information about this ministry and consider if this is the ministry thatGod has brought in store for me to be apart of. I'm praying about coupling this ministry with the Houses of Prayer here in Vienna. I really have a heart to partner with God in sowing and preparing the way for God to work.
Now I'm super sleepy but excited! Love to you all. :)

No comments: