Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shining Bright among Red Lights

This world
we live in

so dark.

The abnormal and dysfunctional have become normal functions.

In God's established way, order, He rested and said, "It is good."

But now man is in unrest and has rebelled against God's established way and order, and in the brokenness, in the darkness man says, "It is good."

But it is not good.

It's a crazy phenomenon to taste of God's heart, to learn His ways and to love them, to embrace truth and to believe it, and then to see with my physical eyes what is completely backward to it.

It hurts. Its hard. Its complicated.

Last night Ulla took us girls to where the prostitutes are in Vienna. I was seeing Proverbs 7 before my very eyes, girl after girl on street corner after street corner, the city alive with traffic of wayward men, boys, teens...

But some, even many of these women have no choice. I saw with my own eyes Nigerian women who were abducted from their homes, their families, pronounced with a curse from their Vodoo tribes and sent away to Europe with no rights, no money, no papers, no choice. Women of value who are forced, day after day, to sell something that should never be sold.

Ulla and other missionaries go out to girls such as these. They give them tea and chocolate and talk with them, love them, care about them.

I want to love these girls. I want to be their friend. I want to offer them hope. I want to share joy with them. I want to give them flowers. I want to show them that there's another way. I want to stand in the gap for them, oh Jesus that you would deliver

justice.


Please pray. There is such a huge need. There is such an incredible opportunity. But this is the Devil's bedroom, this is the land of darkness. Has God fashioned me for this? Has He put in me what it would take to shine in places such as these? Is this what He wants for me during my time in Austria? Please pray. I am willing, I am wanting, but I am aware that this isn't fun and games, and that the only help is the presence and power of God. This is land and work that I can only go to and engage in if it is of the Lord's will- there's no middle ground. Please pray that God directs my paths.

No comments: