Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Encounters

Team Austria has been undergoing the season of sickness. :( One of my teammates has been battling bronchitis for the past five days... another one got very sick during German class today, so much so that the staff of the Deutsche Academie called the ambulance (healthcare is different here-- there isn't a charge for things like that, thankfully!). It was quite an interesting afternoon! Both girls are doing better now and are being well taken care of. The rest of the team has all had some sickness like the flu or something- sick enough to not be able to go to class. So far Jeff and I are the only ones who haven't been sick, but I must say we've really enjoyed taking care of those who have been. :)

God's really been working in my heart this week about loving my team. I've had to repent and change my mind about some ways I've been living, and God has met me in that and changed my heart! I'm very thankful, and have really been enjoying time with the team this week.

We hosted a party our here in Stockerau last Saturday and 14 new friends of ours from a church in Vienna came out to join us! It was fun!

I've also enjoyed connecting with...

***a Chinese couple that I met at German school

***an Austrian named Yasmin who I met at a church I visited (she hosted me for a traditional Austrian breakfast yesterday!)

***neighbors of ours (now that the weather is getting nicer, people are outside a lot more!)

***new faces I meet on the trains or subways

Please continue to pray that God connects me with the people that He desires!

Well, I think it's time to get some sleep! Tomorrow is my last day of my second month of German school. On Friday our team will join the OM (Operation Mobilization) Team for a week retreat in Germany! We will get to visit a concentration camp on the way there, so that will be very interesting. Other than that, we're still in the process of trying to get visas and seeking God on what He has for us during our time here. To be continued...

thanks for your prayers and love! Blessings on your day. :)

No comments: