Monday, March 23, 2009

A Day in Austria

Today was ::::::splendid:::::::

Woke up around 7:30 and said goodbye to Jeff before he left for his morning German class.

Made coffee and had Musli (Austrian granola :) while reading a bit of Francine Rivers', Voice of the Wind Series (my favorite!). I've been enjoying being with Jesus while I go about my normal routine...I'm learning that washing the dishes is no less sacred than raising my hands in worship...

God is looking for FAITH. God is looking for LOVE. God is looking for FELLOWSHIP.

And I am a temple in which God lives, and in my heart, all the time, I can be with Him, love Him, talk to Him, fellowship with Him.

How wonderful!

He makes the mundane significant. He makes the casual supernatural. He makes the routine satisfying...for He is the fullness of God who fills everything in every way.

I dove into 2 Cor 5 today, which is about the ministry of reconciliation. www.blueletterbible.org- an awesome Biblical resource with a concordance of the Hebrew and Greek words. How powerful it is to discover the original and intended meaning of the words I so often casually skim over! How deep is the Word of God!

10:55 AM- rode my bike through Stockerau to get to the train station. Enjoyed a 30 min train ride with 3 of m teammates.

12-3: intense German class! So good though...working on the past-tense and pronunciation today.

3 PM: Went for an adventure! Didn't know where I was going-- just wanted to explore and get to know Vienna more and scout out the land with eyes of faith. Bought an orange Gerber daisy from a flower shop. Asked Jesus to show me who to give it to. Found myself at the **Rathaus**- The beautiful Parliament building with an incredible park/garden in front. A woman was sitting on a bench, shamelessly enjoying the beauty of the place. I gave her the flower and made a friend! She was delighted! She's half-Austrian/ half English and is a delightful person. She gave me a "scent"-- refreshing tangerine! She then helped me get to know the area and recommended a cafe for me to study at...


4 PM: Waded through a German newspaper and did my German homework over a good cup of coffee and an omelet at Cafe Eiles, an original Wiener (Viennese) cafe that is over 100 years old! :)

6 PM: Met up with Jeff, Emily (my teammate) and her boyfriend Dave for a special night out: $4 tickets (balcony standing tickets :) to the Vienna opera to see a ballet of Romeo and Juliet! It was beautiful!

Now I'm home...trying not to wake my roommates and getting ready for a new day tomorrow.

Please continue to pray that I will grow in understanding and ability in the German language and for a greater development of friendships and contacts here in Vienna! Please also pray that God would guide me as to what church I am to be a part of and what ministry emphasis He has for me in the coming months.

Much love to you all!

No comments: