Thursday, March 5, 2009

Today was the last day of Deutsch Kurse A1! Moving onto "A2" on Monday, so I will have a new class and a new teacher. Today we had regular class for the first hour and a half, then we were presented with a Sacher Torte (a famous chocolate cake from Vienna!) since we won 3rd place at the photo contest (see pictures in a previous post about Fashing- the big party before Lent starts)! After enjoying a "stuck" (piece) of cake, we all went to a cafe to hang out and speak German to each other for our last 1 1/2 together! It's been a good class and we all really enjoyed one another. We're planning to get together on a Saturday in a few weeks to tour some more of Vienna!

I had a great meeting with Robert and Ulla, our Internship supervisors, this morning. They are so encouraging and in some ways have embraced us 8 interns as their children! They have been incredibly encouraging, supportive and helpful in this time of adjusting. They have many connections so it's really cool how they've been facilitating our time here. I enjoyed sharing about what's been going on in my life this last week and we talked about the ministry possibilities for the next coming months. I'm so excited! Some opportunities I'm praying about:

  • Working with prostitutes from Eastern Europe, Austria and Africa in Vienna (Ulla is a big part of this ministry)
  • Being a part of Aidslink- an AIDS program Robert and Ulla have, in which they travel to different places and educate teens on AIDS. In April, 4 of the interns will be able to join them on a trip to Poland to speak and share in different high school and a massive youth conference
  • Being a part of Mercy House of Prayer (MHOP) in Vienna. This is a new prayer ministry that's raising up from the grassroots and is formatted similar to IHOP.
  • Working with refugees. Next Wednesday I will meet with Greta and here husband Jeff, missionaries from the states (who have contact with Christ Chapel!) and get to hear about their ministries to the refugees here in Vienna.
  • Being a part of coffee house evangelism. There's a group of awesome college students that I've met up with and they meet weekly with different assortments of people to talk about life.
I would love it if you join me in prayer that God would guide my steps and connect me with what would bring Him the most glory!

Got to go to dinner! Real quick, good news: it's looking like we're going to get our visas! Please keep that in prayer, but progress has been made and I'm on the list to recieve a visa!

Grace and peace.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

gdkk3122@sbcglobal.net

Dianne said...

McKenzie,
It was good to read your updates. I am so pleased for yo that it is looking good for the Visas. We have been praying for you in our ladies' group. I wonder if we could get a little video sometime. I know you are busy, but if it was possible you could send it to Gini. We have 2 new ladies in our study that have never met you and I know it would help them get to know you. I just received a 360 picture of the Parist Church of Marie Treu from a friend and I sent it to your parents thinking they would like to see it. I am guessing you have already seen it. Beautiful! Love you, take care. Mrs. Martin