Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Berthold

Today I went to buy coffee for our flat at a new place: a small backerei/konditorei (bakery, coffee and cake-like place :) that's just down the street from us called Berthold. It reminded me a little of Mugz (in an Austrian sort of way)! The lady at the counter, named Ingeborg, who doesn't speak without a warm smile and cheerful laugh, was quite friendly so I decided to sit and stay awhile. There was an elderly woman finishing up her Kaffee and Kuchen (coffee and cake) and so I got to converse with them. Ingeborg was excited that I was learning German and said she could help me with it if I could help her with English! I enjoyed talking to them for awhile and was encouraged when they said I'm speak good German for only four months. I have a long way to go though! Right now I'm reading the Chronicles of Narnia auf Deutsch. :)

I really want to be a part of this town called Stockerau. I'm going to try to visit Berthold more regularly- what better atmosphere to meet new people, practice German and grow relationships?

I'm excited because I met 3 new girls at church on Sunday who are all 21, fun, Christians and live in Stockerau! I'm hoping to host a party for them and the other Christian young adults in Stockerau so we can all get to know them better.

Pray that God connects me more and more here and grows the relationships I've made!

Vielen Dank (Many thanks)!

No comments: