Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mercy House of Prayer

Hello hello!

Last week we were getting back into things here in Stockerau after traveling quite a bit. I got to spend quite a bit of time at Mercy House of Prayer (http://mhop.speaklife.at/)! And here's why...

After much prayer these past few months concerning where God had for me to plug in ministry wise, I met with the leaders of MHOP, Brandi and Vicki (two Texas ladies!) and expressed my interest with them about being a part of the House of Prayer in Vienna! They were extremely excited! I am quite excited myself!

I find my interest in this very interesting!

When I first heard about 24/7 houses of prayer and International House of Prayer, I was a little hesitant and guarded. Honestly I think I thought it sounded kind of boring and like something that's for other people but not for me. But over these past few years, especially during my year in Minnesota in how our school was so connected to Bethany House of Prayer, my attitude towards this has drastically changed and it's become something very dear to my heart.

My primary ambition in life: to love God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength and to love my neighbor as myself! I'm passionate about seeing everything in my life come into agreement and alliegence to Jesus. I want to know Him. I want to be like Him. I want to be one with Him.

How does this happen?

By beholding His beauty. By gazing at Him. By being with Him.

A chapter of the Bible that has really impacte my heart is Matthew 25, concerning the 10 virgins. When the Bridegroom comes, 5 were prepared and had oil, but 5 didn't.

I want to be ready when Jesus comes back. I want to have the oil that comes from the inside, that comes from fellowshiping with God and His Spirit. And from that place of knowing God, I want to minister to others.

I really feel that God has ordained for me to be a part of Mercy House of Prayer this year, not only to grow in intimacy with God, but also to devote myself to prayer and intercession for the city of Vienna, for the church, and for the world. What I am sensing the most from God is that He wants me to partner with HIm in prayer, because without Him we can do nothing. I want to be apart of shifting things in the spiritual realm, which then impacts the physical.

Praise God for His direction and I'm so excited! More to come about what that means practically in my life, but I wanted to share with you the direction God has given me thus far.

In addition to MHOP, I've been attending church at the Austrian church here in Stockerau, and am praying about how to be apart of ministry there. I would appreciate your prayers in this as well!

No comments: