Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Stockerau Gemeinde (church)

I'm encouraged!

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

Two things are burning on my heart this evening:

1. To keep the first thing first: loving God with my all, staying connected to and knowing Him as first, utmost and constant importance in my life (the first part of Ephesians 2 talks about how we were dead in our sins before God raised us to life in Christ because He loves us; our works flow out of LIFE in Christ which we've received by grace through faith!)

2. To walk in the good works God has planned for me to do!

Will you join me in prayer that I would understand and know the good works God has planned for me? Tonight I met with OM missionary Hanna Keller and heard about opportunities and needs from Stockerau Church that I can be a part of when I return from Hungary. Here are the options I'm praying about:

  • Helping lead a peer group of 5 girls, ages 14-18. This would be discipleship ministry and really investing into these girls' lives.
  • Being a part of a House Group of young adult girls. This would be more like peer discipleship in encouraging and growing with girls my age who live in Stockerau.
  • Being a part of establishing and planning a monthly outreach to the youth in the Stockerau community (creating a coffee shop atmosphere at the church)
  • Helping kids learn English
  • Helping with a Scouts group (similar to Awana or Girl Scouts on a smaller scale, put on by the church)
  • Helping out with a Christmas musical that the children of the church will be performing (possibly designing sets and costumes)
  • Meeting with a special needs girl from the church once a week to give her some quality time that helps her function better (and to just love on her!)
Please pray that God reveals to me how much He wants me to be a part of and also that He fills me with His Spirit and presence and counsel to know how to best disciple and minister and encourage and strengthen the Body in Stockerau.

Hanna said that there are so many believers who are unsure of their callings or of their place in the church. Austrian culture in general is very negative so kids receive little encouragement in school. Austrians are really thirsty to be encouraged and are in need of a strengthening of their self esteem and of their identity in Christ. I would love to breathe this encouragement from the Lord all over them!

Thank you for your prayers. :)

No comments: