Friday, June 12, 2009

Travel the Land

Exciting Days to come!

This Monday our team leaves for Hungary for four days to apply for our visas and to get an orientation of the city. We will return there for 2 months on July 11th to help out OM Hungary with their summer camps. I'm so excited for this!

(Hungary)

As I've been reflecting on my time so far in Austria, there are things I wish I would've done differently, especially after taking the Cultural Anthropology class. I feel like I would do so much better another time around! At first I was discouraged about this, but then I was encouraged because that's the point of Global Internship! This is the time to get out there and try and make mistakes (not purposefully of course) and learn from them, and that's what is happening! So that to say, I'm excited for a fresh start in a new country to put these things I've learned into practice (I've also been talking to Jesus about what I wish I would've done differently and have asked Him to redeem them because there's more in store for this time in Austria!)

In between these two trips to Hungary, I will have two weeks free, which I'm planning on spending time at MHOP, learning German (I'm currently reading through the Chronicles of Narnia auf Deutsch!), and doing small service projects either here in Stockerau or in Vienna. I'm also excited to research some about Hungary and prepare for our time there.

At the beginning of July our team will spend a week serving at a teen camp in Gutenstein, Austria. There will be up to 100 students there from all over Europe! I'm really excited for this time, and am also excited to help out Ulla in the kitchen and learn from her awesome cooking!

Please pray that I would have eyes to see what God is doing and ears to hear Him. Pray that I learn what He desires to teach me!

No comments: