Saturday, July 18, 2009

English Camp in Liter, Hungary

Some snapshots of our awesome week in Liter, Hungary, helping out with "The Way" English camp. This was put on by a Calvinist church in Liter and four of us on the Global Internship joined some Hungarian OM missionaries and a guy from London to help out. We had a great time! Though there was a language barrier for most of us, we all saw how God really expressed His love through us at this camp.

Here is the group of kids at morning devotions. We taught them songs and memory verses.

Someone got a hold of my camera (my eyes didn't make it open :)! These are some of the girls I really enjoyed being with this week. Most of them are about 12 years old and sought me out for hugs and to teach me Hungarian words. :)

This is Emese (pronounced Emehsha)! She was in the group of kindergartners I helped teach English to. 

I thought she was pretty darn cute. :)


In the late afternoons we had different activities for the kids, and one day we took them horse back riding! This is Sabi and Luca (pronounced Lutsa) who were also in my group. I taught them both to wink and quite enjoyed their cheek kisses and smiles and hugs all week! 


These are the girls cheering on the boys as they played soccer. Lindy and I taught them the wave. :)

This is Kinga. She's a feisty little one who's very generous in sharing her cookies but is quite determined to have her own way. I found out later that her parents divorced 2 years ago and it sounds like things have been hard for her. But when we said goodbye today she ran and gave me a big hug and held me awhile. I pray she experienced the love of God this week and that He will lead her deeper into His love!


So that was a quick summary of our week! So many more stories of amazing Hungarian hospitality and good times. :) Though this was an intense week, it was such a worthwhile expense of energy. :)

Tomorrow we will go to church and go sailing (!) then we'll head back to Erd, Hungary to begin 2 weeks of English teaching on Monday! So that's week 2 of our summer... stay tuned for more. :)

*love




No comments: