Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

I really enjoyed my weekend, mostly spent with the Stockerau church! On Friday night and Saturday morning I got to go help them move out of their old building (carrying chairs, scraps of wood and even a time machine down 7 flights of stairs!). There's nothing like working along side of someone to get to know them, and I was also thankful that I could serve them in this transition time of moving buildings. Then Friday evening I went over to hang out with the Keller girls (3 teens of OM missionaries here who are awesome!) and watched a movie with them.

Sunday was so fun! It was the last service in the old building and there was a spirit of excitement and celebration. Everything was moved out, so people brought lawn chairs or sat on the floor! The two elders who led the service were almost giddy and enthusiastically led us in a song with a 3 part round. I like these people. :) Very sincere and quick to laugh.

That evening I was invited to a family's house for a fellowship night with a few other families from the church. It was a beautiful home! A girl named Lia was excited to pick me up and take me home and I really enjoyed her friendliness! She's on of four children in an Austrian family and is currently a kindergarten teacher. She spent a year in Egypt as a missionary and is so fun! There were quite a few other youth there, so I got to hang out with them and learn some Austrian games. Overall it was a great evening, although there were times of discomfort because of not being fluent in German and some of my own insecurities (the daughter of the house was Miss Austria in their beauty pageant! Lia and I talked on the way home about being ourselves no matter where we are, and not being intimidated by others. You can pray for me about that too!)

This week we've been enjoying an Ephesians class/Bible study, preparing our lesson plans to teach English in Hungary and picking cherries from Robert and Ulla's garden (then making pies and jam!!).

Pickin'

Pittin'


Enjoyin'!

(photos by Emily Ona :)

No comments: